There doesn’t seem to be an “official” 10 on Tuesday blog prompt today, but Hillary has come up with one that she’s using – 10 favorite things to eat/drink at the holidays – which works for me.
1. Christmas cookies. I may have mentioned this already.
2. Gingerbread lattes. My love of these is also well-documented.
3. Cranberry pecan bread. My recipe isn’t super-orangey like some are, which makes it extra tasty.
4. Cranberry salsa. It sounds so wrong, yet tastes so right.
5. Bailey’s Irish Creme. It’s a Christmas Eve tradition, and one of the two exceptions I have to my alcohol-and-dairy-should-not-mix rule.
6. Hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps. The other exception, and a delicious one at that.
7. Latkes. It’s been too long since I’ve had any, but as a New York girl, they still seem like a seasonal staple.
8. Chex Mix. The homemade kind, not the vastly inferior mass-produced variety, and made Grandma-style, wherein mixed nuts are replaced with straight cashews.
9. Stuffing. I like turkey and mashed potatoes and all that jazz, but the dressing is far and away my favorite part of the traditional holiday dinner.
10. Chocolate-covered cherries. My dad & I used to eat more of these than we should have.