Answer: 21 Dozen

The question:

How many cookies did I bake this weekend?

This year’s selections are all longtime favorites, though I’ve never actually made a couple of them before. From the left, this year’s selections are: chocolate crinkles (of course), my grandma’s fruit balls (which I loved as a kid but haven’t had in years), tadelles (one of Eileen’s signature Christmas cookies), spritz cookies (which finally came together beautifully, after a couple of less than stellar efforts), and gingersnaps (from Sionna‘s mom’s semi-secret recipe).

I’m having a hankering for macaroons, so those may find their way into my oven next weekend. But for now, my kitchen is sufficiently trashed that I think I am done with baking for now. It’s time to start the eating!

12 thoughts on “Answer: 21 Dozen

1. Ali December 13, 2009 / 3:11 pm

Wow! I’m in awe…that’s a lot of cookies – and they all look great!

2. Mom December 13, 2009 / 3:50 pm

Fantastc Sweetpea!!! I wish the mess was in my kitchen cuz I’d be eating them with you ;). 21 doz. WOW. 🙂

3. wendalicious December 13, 2009 / 5:42 pm

Wow! I think I’d like you to guest-post this on my blog…

4. Susan December 13, 2009 / 7:44 pm

Really jealous…do you rent out? You could come back with the nieces who are begging to bake. I’m shirking my motherly duties…house call?????

My chocolate crinkles have not looked that good in a long time!

5. Susan December 13, 2009 / 7:45 pm

Umm…come BAKE, not back…..

6. common loon December 13, 2009 / 8:49 pm

Please please please send the recipes for gingersnaps (if nothing else for the love of your middle-child nephew kindred who would be ever grateful to Sionna and her mom) and the macaroons (just the gratitude of me & my DH – hope that’s enough?!)?

They look just great.

Oldest nephew types:
    those look so good. i would eat all of them in one day!!!!!! love,jbn

7. Joanne December 13, 2009 / 8:59 pm

you suck. and that’s all I have to say.

8. sionna December 14, 2009 / 1:21 pm

My mom’s ginger snaps. They are so yummy and soft. My faves! Enjoy!

Ginger Snaps
    350 degrees, 10-15 min

3/4 c. shortening (Crisco)
    1c. sugar
    1 eggs
    1/4 c. dark molasses
    2 c.. sifted flour
    ¼ tsp. salt
    1 tsp. cloves
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1 tsp. ginger
    2 tsp. baking soda

Cream together shortening and sugar. Add egg and molasses. Sift together remaining dry ingredients and add to molasses mixture. If sticky add more flour. Roll into balls, 1 tbsb. /walnut size. Then roll into granulated sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet (they will flatten by them selves as they bake so allow space). Bake

9. common loon December 14, 2009 / 1:55 pm

THANK YOU Sionna! You have made Christmas for a 5-yr-old.

10. sionna December 15, 2009 / 2:21 pm

You’re very welcome! 🙂 I have to go make some now.