Seven months into my Project 365, I’m becoming reconciled to an unpleasant fact: my life is numbingly routine. I knew this already, but there is nothing like trying to find something new and interesting to photograph every single day to drive the point home. I have exactly two routes to and from work, I do the same things most evenings, I run the usual errands on the weekend — and this is making getting worthwhile photos a real challenge. I missed several days in the past few weeks just because they were so damn dull. I’d like to say this has inspired in me a tremendous resolve to break out of my routine and have new and crazy experiences, but, alas. No, I’m just going to say to start expecting to see repeats. Heaven knows I do.

Vodpod videos no longer available.

6 thoughts on “194-214/365 – Wherein I Realize (Not for the First Time) That My Life is Kinda Dull

1. Sionna August 3, 2009 / 10:14 am

Nah, you’re not the only one.

I’d be updating my blog more often if my life were more interesting. But it’s not.

Hmmm…just noticed that Judy Kuhn’s Heaven Help My Heart appeared on your “Listening To…”. Darn, I was hoping to bring you over from the Dark Side with the cds I sent you home with. Oh well, I tried.

2. sprite August 3, 2009 / 11:14 am

The band looks like the United House of Prayer’s Trombone Shout Band, a Dupont Circle institution.

And Rudi has told me what that flat guy is, but I can’t remember the character’s name. He started appearing all over town last fall (or, at least, that was the first time I noticed him down by the Mall), but I’ve seen an uptick recently in his appearances.

3. common loon August 3, 2009 / 6:25 pm

LOVE the dramatic sky photo!!!

Trust me…you’re exciting.

4. sionna August 3, 2009 / 10:36 pm

Forgot to add…LOVE the helmet phone. Too cute!!

5. Mom August 4, 2009 / 7:48 am

If “Dull” is dramatic, fun, interesting well-done photography, guess you are IT !! I loved the dramatic sky too and, of course, little Mr. Helmut Phone — but I’m partial 🙂

6. Sarah August 4, 2009 / 11:39 am

@ Mom & CL – Thanks for telling me that I’m interesting, but… well, I think we’re gonna have to chalk this up to one of those “grass is always greener” moments.

@ Sionna – I need to listen to your CDs again before I give them to Joanne, but I don’t think another version will replace the US one as my favorite iteration of Chess. It’s not just the songs, but the memories that they evoke…

@ sprite – I’ll have to check w/ Rudi on the little flat guy. It’s like the BORF of 2009. (Well, maybe not that ubiquitous. Yet.)