Success, Yum!, and Getting it Done

I’m going to hope that everyone is too overwhelmed by the excitement of it being Friday to “tsk tsk” me for being a day late with my three beautiful things from the past week. (Or for having skipped a couple of weeks, for that matter. I’ve no excuse other than lack of attention.)

1. After receiving a couple of great reviews (here and here) my friend Michael’s play at the Fringe Festival enjoyed a sold-out closing weekend.

2. It’s tomato season, and after acquiring several heirloom varieties at the farm line at Eastern Market over the weekend, I’ve spent the week enjoying scrumptious sandwiches.

3. My favorite thing about summer at the office is my colleagues’ vacation schedules cut back significantly on the number of meetings we have. This means I have much more time to get my work done, which is quite satisfying.

6 thoughts on “Success, Yum!, and Getting it Done

1. Sionna July 31, 2009 / 11:09 am

I’m having tomato-envy. We are suffering from waaaay too much rain and some random tomato blight so are lacking in decent tomatos up here. 😦

The corn isn’t looking so good either. On the flip side, it should be a killer apple season.

2. susan July 31, 2009 / 11:51 am

Hey…keep the posts coming! I’m in the ‘writing a 15 page paper’ section of my latest grad class…so I’m online a TON and always looking for distractions! 🙂

I even tried the Mad Men thingy (though I’ve never watched a minute of it), but sadly I only got a curtain. No paper dolls for me 😦

3. Mom July 31, 2009 / 2:12 pm

I’m with Siona. My neighbors — who usually supply the tomatoes literally right off the vine — are pulling up their plants totally rotten — 6′ tall in some cases but fruitless. 😦 And I had two puney ears of corn the other day nearly tasteless. Oh so disappointing!

@ Susan — Can you use a L A R G E type font and W I D E margins for that paper?? Or is that too highschoolesque?

4. Common Loon July 31, 2009 / 2:56 pm

We’ll join the tomato-envy group…we’re 14 inches below normal for rainfall. Result: no tomatoes. Beans out the wazoo, and the basil will be dead by the time any tomatoes may arrive. Big plants, some droopy flowers, little fruit / vegetable.

5. Mom July 31, 2009 / 3:17 pm

@ Loon — Jeez. Would ya like some rain??? The northeast sure could send some your way! We are overgrown & moldy. Where is Utopia again??

6. Susan July 31, 2009 / 3:31 pm

Sadly fonts and margins are specified.:-(

I didn’t plant tomatoes this year (WHY????) and am now very sad!!!