“We Need a Blog Post”

So I just received an email from my mother titled, “we need a blog post.” And so we do, but alas, I have only a few minutes before I need to dash out the door.  I have been percolating on several ideas, but none are ready to be brewed. I have, therefore, decided to report on my love of the new iPhone.

I have mastered the taking and emailing of photos.

Found these in Amy's back yard when pickcing tomatoes.
Found these in Amy's back yard when pickcing tomatoes.
Gracie (r) and George (l) have such a hard life!
Gracie (r) and George (l) have such a hard life!
My awesome new purse - seldom am I so trendy :)
My awesome new purse - seldom am I so trendy 🙂

I’m sure I have already exceeded my texting limit and I have made numerous phone calls, none of which have been dropped!

There is a lot more going on these days – lots of house projects (which will merit their own post soon) , afternoons at the pool with friends, and many more late nights than I have had in years, starting with our June DC trip, but the trend continues. Thoroughly enjoyed Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince this last weekend – haven’t yet read the book – but thought the movie was perhaps the best to date.  And Chris and I have become addicted to AMC’s Mad Men, which Comcast is showing on their On Demand in high def (that accounts for a few more of those late nights).  So summer is more than half gone and that is a brief smattering of what we have been up to.

I will do my very best tomorrow and this weekend to add a couple more posts an prepare a few others so next week should have more to entertain you all.  Happy Day to one an all.

11 thoughts on ““We Need a Blog Post”

1. Sarah July 23, 2009 / 10:37 am

So Mom emailed you to post on my blog? Funny.

I too have a few partial posts in the hopper, but I guess y’all don’t need me here anymore. 🙂

2. Mom July 23, 2009 / 10:57 am

Oh dear god, did I blow it again? Sweetpea — I decided to pick on Eileen ‘cuz she’s the one not full-time employed. [I am really JEALOUS that Ms. E has time to “pool sit”]. [And, yes, ladies, I know retirement would solve that issue.] Your tweets have sounded like you are over-extended at work and really don’t need to sit down & do more work when you get home. I know the feeling well and recognize the signs & symptoms 🙂 So, please, darling, no offense intended at all, so please don’t take any. Your posts are always wonderful and so interesting. We are all so lucky to have you both!

@ Eileen! Thanks for the great photos and summer news. Love that purse!! I think I’m going to have to put a more obnoxious ring on my phone — or the next one when I get it — so that I hear it all the time.

3. Sarah July 23, 2009 / 11:01 am

@ Mom – Not to worry; I was just busting your chops. Didn’t you see the smiley-face-of-sarcasm?

And I have to agree on the purse. Super-cute. I need a new one badly and just haven’t found one I like.

4. Common Loon July 23, 2009 / 11:10 am

Yeah!!!

THANK YOU for posting. I didn’t have the guts to bug you (you have lives), so I shared with your Mom that I missed your updates. I’m so glad she missed them, too. Just reason #3087 that I love Aunt Mary!

And thanks for letting me enjoy the benefits of your iphone. Completing a conversation in one call, without a 5-second voice delay – worth it!

Awesome purse! Nicely done!

5. Eileen July 23, 2009 / 12:42 pm

@ Sarah, I thought we were co-blogging now? 🙂 What’s all this “mine” mine mine??

@ CL, so glad that we get to have one convo these days

@ Mom, Sarah made me an awesome ring tone (at my request) but I am afraid it might be too soft – I keep missing calls too (but at least I know with the iPhone I’ll get the message)

Hugs to you all

6. Sionna July 23, 2009 / 1:07 pm

LOVE the purse and I generally don’t like animal prints, but that one is super cute.

I think that I need to come back in my second life as a domestic cat. That is the life.

7. Common Loon July 23, 2009 / 5:35 pm

1st post in 9 days makes the 3BT list here…just behind ALL BOYS CURRENTLY SLEEPING WHILE THE SUN IS UP!!! #3 would include clearing out some camera memory by filing / printing pictures (about 700 of them over the past couple of years).

8. Sarah July 23, 2009 / 5:51 pm

Uh, seven days, CL, not nine. We’re bad, but we’re not that bad.

9. Common Loon July 23, 2009 / 5:54 pm

Oops! Please accept my apologies. Today is the 23rd, not the 25th. It’s rough being old.

10. wendalicious July 23, 2009 / 11:21 pm

I love the co-blogging. Especially the part where you fight about whose blog it is. Brings back memories of sharing the bathroom with my younger sister…

11. Rudi July 24, 2009 / 1:01 am

CAGE MATCH!!!!

Writing from Nyack, NY, a happ’nin hiptown.