159-165/365: Too Much

Last week did not lack for action or activity, and I squeezed in about as much as possible. Of course, now I feel like I need a couple of days off to recover, or at least a scheduled naptime in my work day. Alas, I get neither, so I am just gonna have to plow through. (If your job has just ended for the summer, now would not be the time to gloat in the comments.) The upside of all this action — in addition to, y’know, the fun — is that I had plenty of pictures to choose from for this week’s Project 365 post.

June 8: Andrew Bird
June 8: Monday night I went to the first of three concerts for the week -- the double-bill of Andrew Bird and The Decemberists at the Merriweather Post Pavilion. This picture is of Andrew Bird playing the violin during his encore.
June 9: My name
June 9: In Arabic class I learned how to write my name, and then spent twice as long photographing it as practicing writing it.
June 10: Indigo Girls
June 10: Massive thunderstorms were the defining characteristic of this year's Indigo Girls show at Wolf Trap. All of us on the lawn got absolutely drenched.

June 11: Baseball
June 11: After he stained his mouth red, but before the sugar from the sno-cone hit his bloodstream, my nephew was paying close attention to the Nats game.
June 12: Thomas Circle
June 12: I went to a rooftop party at a hotel on Thomas Circle on Friday night, and after dark, the views were just beautiful.
June 13: Echoes
June 13: My nephews take a rare quiet moment with their dad while he played their favorite song (which is, incidentally, "Echoes" by Pink Floyd) on his iPhone.
June 14: Opera House
June 14: Concert #3 for the week was Eddie Vedder at the lovely Lyric Opera House in Baltimore. I think Vedder was as amazed by the theater as the audience. He introduced one song thusly: "Sad song. Happy instrument. (long pause, then awed tone) Opera house."

8 thoughts on “159-165/365: Too Much

1. Common Loon June 16, 2009 / 12:37 pm

Your name looks pretty cool in arabic! Your June 11 comments have me in stitches 🙂

2. Susan June 16, 2009 / 9:16 pm

So what do you consider gloating??
    Fun times 🙂

3. Eileen June 16, 2009 / 10:24 pm

😦 In DC for a week and I get no love

4. Sarah June 16, 2009 / 10:45 pm

@ CL – Well, you gotta know those two boys are a bundle -o- energy at a ballgame!

@ Sue – Um, that’s plenty close.

@ Eileen – Seriously? You saw the camera, right? And you know that you have to stand in front of it to be photographed? Maybe if you’d have tried that, there would be pictures of you.

5. Eileen June 16, 2009 / 11:35 pm

@Sarah – have you heard of the candid shot? totally busting your chops – we had a great week with you…thanks for being so available in what was a crazy busy time. miss you already!

6. Mom June 17, 2009 / 7:30 am

It really was a FUN if at times CHAOTIC gathering! I am sitting here instead of getting ready for work. There is not a fiber in my being that wants to do that 🙂

7. Common Loon June 17, 2009 / 9:47 am

To put a smile on some faces…Dad had a very nice time. He was COMPLETELY under the impression that Sarah had handled all weekend childcare single-handedly before heading out on a date. He was so impressed by this, I did not want to pop his bubble.

• Sarah June 17, 2009 / 9:53 am

Oh, CL… I am not sure which part is funnier — that I had been handling all the childcare (does letting D play 160 games of tic-tac-toe on my iPhone count as childcare?) or that he thought I headed off on a date (if it was, my friend Kevin has a damned understanding wife!). Thanks for the laugh!