Babies, Flowers, and Good News

Goodness; it’s Thursday already. How did that happen? I had written on Monday that my weekly three beautiful things post was going to move to Tuesday or Wednesday, yet I’m only just now getting to it. Whoops. Perhaps I’ll follow sprite’s lead and go with Thursdays…

1. Last Thursday, my friends Mike & Janis welcomed twin sons to the world. The boys are  both beautiful and healthy — and are (of course) a beloved addition to their family.

2. On Saturday, I finally had a chance to go back to the garden store and buy the rest of the plants I needed. I’m growing many more flowers than usual — all sorts of different-colored geraniums. The riot of pinks and reds and oranges blooming on my porch makes me smile whenever I look at it.

3. Eileen has already provided the details, but I wanted to officially declare her good medical results a beautiful thing. I couldn’t be happier for her.

10 thoughts on “Babies, Flowers, and Good News

1. Common Loon June 4, 2009 / 10:38 am

Yeah on your 3BT!!! I’m slightly jealous of your plants. I skipped this year as we’re in a bit of a draught (3rd worst on record to date) and I’m unwilling to do the extra work / pay the extra money for them to live. I will very much enjoy every one of the photos of your garden that you decide to post!!! Hope your burger hit the spot – nothing’s official until you get your numbers back. Who knows? You might get a pleasant surprise? Are you going to update us on your Arabic lessons?

2. Mom June 4, 2009 / 10:56 am

Great TBTs! Are these Janis & Mike’s only children? CONGRATS to them!! Life will surely be busy but what a joy.

And, Horray for a grease burger — sort of like chocolate — everyone has to have it once in a while! Smart to go AFTER the blood draw, though 🙂

And, yes, do tell on Arabic.

3. sprite June 4, 2009 / 12:08 pm

I randomly picked Thursday because it was alliterative with Three and Things, so I’d welcome your joining me on this festive day of the week.

How goes the baby knitting for the twins? Did you make wee adorable things for them? (And don’t feel bad if you haven’t. I had to reclaim Elijah after the baby shower because we was doing a good Van Gogh imitation… And I haven’t touched him since!)

4. Joanne June 4, 2009 / 9:12 pm

did I miss you declaring the Matchbook on 8th street a beautiful thing?

5. Susan June 4, 2009 / 9:56 pm

Nag alert…did I miss the Arabic update? 🙂

6. Sarah June 5, 2009 / 10:25 am

@ CL, Mom, Susan – Arabic update coming later today.

@ Joanne – I don’t think so. Was I supposed to have written about Matchbox?

@ sprite – The baby knitting has been slow going, as I’m reading something really good right now. I don’t like that I can only do one or the other. If I don’t get going, though, I’ll have to find a pattern for bigger socks!

7. Sionna June 5, 2009 / 12:39 pm

Whatcha reading? I could use a good recommmendation.

8. sprite June 5, 2009 / 4:44 pm

I agree with Sionna. Inquiring minds want to know. Is it the Ferris book you have listed as in-progress on the sidebar?

9. Sarah June 5, 2009 / 5:06 pm

@ Sionna & sprite – I am reading Niccolo Rising by Dorothy Dunnett, one of my favorite authors. I need to update my Goodreads page (which should fix the widget in the sidebar); I think that Ferris book needs to go to the on-hold shelf. It’s OK, but not compelling in any way. I read a chapter or two every now and again, but I’m not really going anywhere with it.