Neuro Check

Sorry for the super short post but a brief update is in order.

I had my three month neuro check today, post diagnosis and I passed with flying colors.  All my motor skills are a-okay, vision is 20/20.  He is so comfortable with where I am that we will not do repeat tests until the one year mark and I don’t need to see him until December.

Yippie!

We also finished our foster to adopt classes this weekend and passed the fire marshal home inspection this morning.  Home study here we come.

How is that for three beautiful things?

Addendum: Haven’t seen Cindy yet – will soon though, and am just swapping spots until then.  The Doc was sympathetic and asked good questions, but the nurses really are the shot experts so he deferred to her on that!

No tears Tuesday! So I got a bit bold, decided to do my left thigh one more time, while trying to apply some logic to my approach (basically same approach as the arms, which work so well and have lots of the same mechanics as legs).  20 minutes out I am happy to say, no tears, same minimal fleeting pain as the rest of my shot spots!!  Will still consult with Cindy, but progress has been made 🙂

13 thoughts on “Neuro Check

1. Susan June 2, 2009 / 7:39 pm

I think that counts for more than just TBT!!!!!!

2. Mom June 2, 2009 / 8:09 pm

ONE WORD ‘ F A N T A S T I C ‘ !!! Hugs Babe & Chris 🙂 🙂

3. Common Loon June 2, 2009 / 10:50 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

agree w/ Susan, lots of TBT = Tuesday’s Beautiful Things

How quickly can a home study happen / get completed? Box is enroute to assist on album.

Did you see Cindy, too, or did the doctor hook you up?

4. sprite June 2, 2009 / 11:02 pm

Congratulations!

5. Susan June 3, 2009 / 7:06 am

On a twitter note..Sarah…how did Arabic go?????

6. MEV June 3, 2009 / 9:10 am

That is so Awesome!!! I’m jealous of your vision…I got examined Monday, and it turns out I have such freakishly bad astigmatism that they had to special order my lenses!! I’m a freak of nature!

7. Mom June 3, 2009 / 9:42 am

Here’s to L O G I C !! Another beautiful thing. Glad to hear the update! I’m with “MEV” — jealous as heck of 20/20. Don’t think I’ve had that since I was about 5 — just a while ago 🙂 New lenses, while ABSOLUTELY necessary, are a $$$ drain — big time!

8. Rudi June 3, 2009 / 10:06 am

SPORK!!!

Erm… let’s try that again:

HOO-RAH!!! That’s wonderful news!

9. Common Loon June 3, 2009 / 1:45 pm

GREAT!!! Thanks for the updates!

So why is your sister a hungry pin cushion?

10. Eileen June 3, 2009 / 3:51 pm

@ Common Loon – we have the “trifecta of crappy veins” in the family – they are skinny, deep, and rolly! So S. had a regular check up and blood work and well, they missed…as the techs are prone to do. I have a three strikes policy. My last bloodwork took THREE weeks for the bruise to go away.

11. Common Loon June 3, 2009 / 4:02 pm

@ E & S: When the nurse asks, “Are you doing all right?” I have learned (the hard way) that is code for “I missed your vein, I’m fishing around, I know it’s uncomfortable but am unwilling to admit my mistake. So please bear with me while a fish for a few more minutes instead of admitting defeat & attempting even more pokes….I’M TOO PROUD TO ASK SOMEONE MORE CAPABLE TO DO IT…and frankly, as long as you don’t pass out I really don’t care how you are doing.”

12. Mom June 3, 2009 / 4:44 pm

@ Eileen and CL — CL you are absolutely RIGHT ON THE MONEY! We’ve actually had a couple of med mal lawsuits to defend where ER personnel “fished” for way too long and the patients developed a type of phlebitis. Not fun!! BE ASSERTIVE and ask to have the Charge Nurse — or someone else higher up the food chain than the lab tech — come and do it! Sorry, no offense to any phlebotomists out there, BUT some have better and different techniques and “OUR” veins require special attention 🙂