Front Row, Perfect Weather, and Baby Yarn

A girl I used to work with has the question “Why do two weekend days go by quicker than one Monday?” as her Facebook status this morning. I can’t help but wonder that, too, as I honestly have no idea how it got to be Monday again so soon. But it is, so here are three beautiful things from the past week:

1. It almost goes without saying that my front-row vantage point for last Tuesday’s Springsteen concert was a beautiful thing. I’m still smiling over it.

2. After a week that was rainy, rainy, rainy, the weather for the weekend could not have been nicer. Sunday, in particular, was springtime perfection — warm and sunny, with low humidity and a nice breeze.

3. I had chance to head to the ‘burbs with sprite yesterday afternoon to visit A Tangeled Skein, a lovely yarn shop (with a huge selection) out in Hyattsville. I picked up some nice, soft yarn so I can finally start in on welcome presents for friends’ twins, who are due later in the month.

6 thoughts on “Front Row, Perfect Weather, and Baby Yarn

1. Common Loon May 12, 2009 / 9:04 am

GO CAPS GO! GO CAPS GO! GO CAPS GO!

We are excited, jealous, and lots of stuff like that. We’ll text you later.

GO CAPS GO!

2. Mom May 12, 2009 / 12:20 pm

And from what I understand, two of the Caps faithful had purchased tickets in anticipation of a 7th game. Way to Go!!! I’ve already told them today to start “icing” their throats in advance. GOOOOOOOOOOO CAPS!!!!!

3. Susan May 12, 2009 / 6:03 pm

Too funny…I check each night to a) see if they are playing and b) see if they’ve won, simply cuz I know you are so invested. Congrats!! 🙂

4. Mom May 13, 2009 / 9:21 am

Me, too, Susan! There is an article in our morning paper ALERTING the sports lovers in Binghamton that there is indeed something going on in D.C. and Pitt that we are missing!! Thanks to Sweetpea & Bri ‘cuz my sports page is no longer going to the recycle bin in pristine condition 🙂

5. Common Loon May 13, 2009 / 9:51 am

How can you NOT know who’s playing and when??? Do you need to rent a 6.5 year old who will hold your toes to the line? No kidding, 1st questions each morning: who won, (insert appropriate team names), what was the score, and did it go into overtime. Just so you know we’re not manipulating him, he’s cheering for Detroit to win it all (almost like having a die-hard Yankees fan end up with a Red Sox-loving son).

6. Mom May 13, 2009 / 11:05 am

@ CL: The rivalries are FUN! If only little boys could remember to wash their hands as well as they can spout sports stats 🙂 As long as Mom can get out to an occasional “hi brow” event, you will survive 🙂

@ Ms. Twitter — ‘cuz I don’t “tweet” yet — Do you suppose your seat mate thought you had swine flu? Does your current condition mean you will pass up tonight’s game for the sake of your health??? Somehow I don’t think so 🙂