I’m ruminating on a couple of longer posts right now, so while they’re still in the mental-development phase, here’s a handful of random things that aren’t enough for solo posts, but together might be sufficient to feed the internet beast.
- It’s been a rainy, rainy May so far in DC, punctuated with just enough sunshine to guarantee that everything — especially the grass — is growing at an alarming rate. My front yard isn’t quite to knee-high yet, but will be by the end of the weekend if it doesn’t stay dry long enough for the landlord to cut it. (It’s actually been pretty nice out today, so fingers crossed for when I get home…)
- It occurred to me recently that I am sometimes a little obsessive when it comes to music. Since I got back from Jordan, I’ve been listening almost exclusively to Arabic pop, but following Tuesday’s concert, I’ve been in all-Springsteen-all-the-time mode.
- Because of laundry issues, I was unable to wear my lucky, game-winning garments on Wednesday, and the Caps lost. I got my ass in gear and did the wash and am hoping for a return to form tonight. (Go Caps!)
- I’m thinking of painting my kitchen, but I can’t figure out what color I want. It’s adjacent to — and visible from — my living room, which has walls the color of chocolate milk (on that side, anyway). Any suggestions?
- You know what? I can’t remember what the other thing was that I wanted to include. Oh well. We’ll just call this bit of forgetfulness number five anyway. Oh, wait. I remember now. I’ve been feeling a bit torn about this new Star Trek movie that has just come out. Why? Because it actually looks like something I might want to see and I’ve never seen a single episode of the original Star Trek (the tv show or the movies it spawned). I will cop to having watched a few eps of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but that’s it — not one bit of the original Kirk/Spock version. If I see this movie, I’ll ruin my perfect record. What to do?
Updated to add my actual #5.