Round Two, Here We Come

I have a massive sore throat from screaming my head off, and am completely exhausted, but before I head off to bed, here’s a quick batch of photos from tonight’s big game seven win for the Caps.

The win, of course, means no rest for the team or the fans. We’ll be meeting the Pittsburgh Penguins in round two starting this weekend. Let’s go Caps!

The Caps starting lineup is announced...
The Caps starting lineup is announced...
Brian's birthday was announced on the scroll. Good thing I took this (blurry) photo -- he went to the bathroom & missed it.
I don't know if this actually was the slowest glass change in the history of hockey, but it sure felt like it.
After Fedorov scored, everyone stayed on their feet for the rest of the game.
After Fedorov scored, everyone stayed on their feet for the rest of the game.
Happy Caps (including, please note, Jose Theodore) crush Varlamov after the win.
Bye, Bye Rangers... Hello Penguins.
Bye, Bye Rangers... Hello Penguins.

Oh, and just because it is too cute not to include:

It was "crazy hair" day at school, so my nephews went red for the Caps.
It was "crazy hair" day at school, so my nephews went red for the Caps.

8 thoughts on “Round Two, Here We Come

1. Eileen April 28, 2009 / 11:58 pm

So cool!!! I think we’ll be have a Caps party here in Texas next week. Maybe a Derby/Caps party if it works out that way! Thanks for the pix.

2. Mom April 29, 2009 / 7:15 am

Hey Sweetpea !! What a way to get a sore throat.

The birthday boy was where???? Good Grief!!! Glad you got the photo anyway!!

And the RED HEADS are beyond adorable. So glad they are MINE!!! OURS!!! 🙂

3. susan April 29, 2009 / 7:32 am

I checked the cable sports show that follows your team before going to bed…happy for you! I’m not a hockey follower (apologies all…though I, too, have some fond Binghamton Whalers memories!!), and smiled for you. It’s like I’m a fan of you being a fan 🙂 !

4. common loon April 29, 2009 / 9:01 am

Hurray Hurray HURRAY!!!!

Boys stayed up, we were screaming at the computer, and were likely texting you as Federov put it away. We are quite pleased with the result!!!

The scroll thing reminds me of one of those “real men of genius” beer ads (Mr. scoreboard marriage proposal guy). Very nice (and gutsy) hair on the guys! The boys here are most infatuated with the spikes.

5. Mom April 29, 2009 / 9:42 am

@ CL — I use “Bed Head Manipulator” — is REVERSES the effects of spikey bed hair too!! Don’t know what J used on the boys.

6. Joanne April 29, 2009 / 1:24 pm

Oh, man, he missed his birthday wishes? Bummer!

7. common loon May 1, 2009 / 2:29 pm

What Sarah “meant” to post yesterday or today:

I got so hoarse and so exhausted that my fingers will no longer assist me in posting. My overwhelming exhaustion is not helped by my excitement for the next round, or nerves as we prepare for game 1…and thus I will not be able to post until there is another triumph at the Verizon Center.

🙂
    (never mind that Sarah is multi-dimensional or has a life…unlike, say, her cousin)

8. Susan May 1, 2009 / 8:51 pm