Happy 40th Birthday Brian

Today is our big brother Brian’s 40th birthday. And we’d like to say thanks for all the noogies of our youth. And for bailing us out when we needed it. And for the Springsteen tickets.

To celebrate, Brian and Sarah are going to Game 7 of the Caps v. Rangers playoff. And then Brian boards a plane to go to the Kentucky Derby. Birthday celebrations don’t get much better than that in Brian’s world.

It is unknown whether Brian will actually see this birthday tribute – he has only commented once on Sweetpea’s Garden but we hope he’ll make an appearance nonetheless. Sarah is, afterall, his link to the 21st century.

So Happy Birthday Brian, and a belated Happy 40th Birthday to Common Loon (who celebrated on the 19th).

Aren't they cute?
Aren't they cute?

9 thoughts on “Happy 40th Birthday Brian

1. Mom April 28, 2009 / 7:13 pm

Thanks so much Eileen for posting that photo. I’m sure at the time it was taken in our upstairs guest room, Anne & Dick, Dad & I never dreamed of our first borns EVER being 40!!! I guess they qualify as “grown-ups” now and so many of us are so very proud that they are OURS!! 40 MORE YOU TWO!!!! HAPPY APRIL BIRTHDAYS!

2. susan April 28, 2009 / 7:22 pm

Happy Birthday…and was he that cute? The Brian (or Brain, as I was prone to write) of my memories never looked that angelic :-)!! What a fun birthday celebration!!

3. common loon April 28, 2009 / 8:08 pm

@ Susan: Angelic? Can’t you see I’m trying to get away and he has me pinned??? 🙂

@ Mom: In Canada, in the boys absence, I got to sit at “the kids table.” I was the youngest of the 3 that got relegated (a cause to beam), and when the “adults” adjourned from the table, I was one of the 4 “kids” that cleared & washed (with the adults giggling, “let the kids do it, that’s why we had ’em!”).

The kids had to sing to Brian – middle one shouted, which was well as I had no voice. Sadly, the Caps won’t hear me cheering (for them) tonight, but oh if they could see me gesturing!

4. susan April 28, 2009 / 8:46 pm

@CL…I see it now. I was blind before. You, of course, were the angelic one… 🙂

5. common loon April 28, 2009 / 10:21 pm

@Susan: You’re the best!

Hey Sarah…WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, that’s how to celebrate a birthday!

6. sionna April 28, 2009 / 10:30 pm

Cool! I’ll have to buy Brian a very belated birthday beer when I am down there in June…and of course another for letting me buy one of his Sox-Nats tickets. 🙂

Happy 40th B!!

7. Joanne April 28, 2009 / 10:38 pm

Damn, those are some cute kids!

Happy 40th, guys! Enjoy your celebrations!

8. Sarah April 28, 2009 / 11:22 pm

Well, Brian got his birthday wish — the Caps won! Woo hoo! We both screamed ourselves hoarse and he allowed as how he’s glad he has a day to rest before the trip to Kentucky because he completely exhausted himself at the game. Guess that age thing is slowing his recovery time. 😉

9. Mom April 29, 2009 / 6:06 am

H O R R A Y !!!! for the Caps — so glad “your” team WON!! A great “cap” to a birthday! Boy, Eileen, you sure gave a couple of birthday kids a case of swollen heads! But, yeah, they were cute babies — and as I recall Susan, Sarah & Eileen were too!