It Slipped Right By Me…

In my sleepy, time zone confused state last week, a milestone passed without my notice: my blog had a birthday! Yes, last Wednesday, Sweetpea’s Garden turned two. I am feeling a little bit of the terrible twos — I still haven’t solved the name problem, some days getting a post written and loaded really feels like work, and I have become terribly lax about replying to comments — but at least some of the time, I’m still happy to have a blog.

Last year, for my first blogging anniversary, I made a list of stats and facts that amused me greatly to compile. And so, I’m doing it again, using the same benchmarks as last year.

Total Views:43,227

Posts: 582 (520 by me, 62 by Eileen)

Comments: 2,775

Spam Comments Blocked: 5,586 (Strangely enough, this is only about 1, 500 more than last year. I think it must be broken, because a decrease in number of spam comments per year seems… well, unlikely.)

Best Day Ever: 326 โ€” Wednesday, June 25, 2008 (Entirely because of this post.)

Most Viewed Post: Still Best. Thanksgiving. Appetizer. Ever. (now up to 642 views); the most-viewed post for the past year is the fairly recent I Hate Ticketmaster (276 views).

#1 Referring Site (Overall): No change from last year: Netvibes.

#1 Referring Site (People I Actually Know): Again, no change. MsP’s Bomboniera continues to bring it.

Over the course of the year, I was listed three times in the daily round-up from DC Blogs โ€” I Hate Ticketmaster, Rockin’ the Red, Restroom-Style, and Stitch -n- Pitch. Rockin’ the Red and Crisp, Rest, andย Cheer were also included as part of the “Blog Log” in the Washington Post‘s free daily, the Express. And, well, the Ticketmaster post had enough life beyond this blog that it warranted (in my mind anyway) a post of its own.

9 thoughts on “It Slipped Right By Me…

1. Mom April 8, 2009 / 3:25 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SWEETPEA’S GARDEN! Boy, a lot of people spend a LOT of time blogging. So many of us feel your effort is so worth it — 43,227 THANK YOUS! — And I like the new header too –.

AND — for everyone’s benefit TOMORROW it is Sweetpea’s turn to celebrate — I won’t say how many years, tho — I’m not that STUPID! Enjoy your day tomorrow, Ms. “Pea” ๐Ÿ™‚ I am sending you a special HUG!

2. common loon April 8, 2009 / 5:53 pm

Oh, I’ll jump in and tell you how old she’s turning tomorrow (yes, I am stupid): 40!!!

There, now don’t you feel much much much better about tomorrow, Sarah? Birthday cupcake anyone?

The kids have been practicing for your call tomorrow since Sunday. Another reason to be thankful: you live in a time-zone ahead of ours, so you won’t get a 4 am wake-up (more like a 9 or 10 am interruption to an important business meeting).

Thank you for blogging, motivating, inspiring!

3. Eileen April 8, 2009 / 6:29 pm

Ummmm Common Loon, YOU are turning 40, NOT Sarah…she is closing in on it, but she isn’t there yet. And you better be careful – you just chucked the gauntlet down pretty hard! Love you both ๐Ÿ˜‰

4. common loon April 8, 2009 / 7:07 pm

Oh to still be in my 30’s…at least I still have a few days left before I stick one foot in the grave (unless Sarah puts me there tomorrow).

5. Mom April 8, 2009 / 8:08 pm

YOU GIRLS ARE ALL TOO FUNNY!! YOUNG, YOUNG, YOUNG….. ENJOY EVERY F’n MINUTE, HOUR, DAY, YEAR(S)……. GO GO GO GIRLS!!! Love you all, M ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Joanne April 8, 2009 / 8:18 pm

whew…Eileen, thank you, I thought I was a truly horrendous friend there for a minute. CL, don’t DO that to me!

Bleh. Happy birthday tomorrow, Sarah. Its a damn near lock that I’ll forget tomorrow.

7. susan April 8, 2009 / 8:25 pm

I was so proud of myself cuz I had remembered all by myself…but now I won’t get credit. The sad thing, CL, is that you made ME think she was 40…and she and I are the same age, so I was thinking, “I can’t believe we both turn 40 this year!” Talk about scary…I don’t know that I should be put in charge of children! Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Sarah April 9, 2009 / 10:38 pm

Jeez… I did not turn 40 today. Sheesh.

CL, you do understand how this works, right? You. Will. Always. Be. Older. Than. Me. You can tell people (incorrectly) that I am 40, but that would make you 42. So, maybe you should re-consider rushing me along. It doesn’t help you a bit. ๐Ÿ˜‰

But thanks, all, for the birthday greetings nevertheless!