39/365: In the Zone

Sleepover weekend, day two -- a rare quiet moment during today's trip the Building Zone at the National Building Museum.
February 8: Sleepover weekend, day two -- a rare quiet moment during today's trip to the Building Zone at the National Building Museum.

This is today’s picture for my photo-a-day project.

7 thoughts on “39/365: In the Zone

1. Eileen February 9, 2009 / 8:28 am

Did you plan the photo so that you and little D show up in the mirror? Very cool. I hope you all had a blast – it looks like you did. Wish I could’ve been there with you.

BTW, where did he sleep and how were the cats?

2. Mom February 9, 2009 / 9:59 am

All I can said is “ditto” to Eileen. Her questions are the same as mine. It is a really neat photo. I can only guess that you were a bit bushed last night; had sort of thought you’d give me a call, but……almost knew better. Looks like you went out of your way to keep D entertained — the building museum was surely a hit with him šŸ™‚

3. common loon February 9, 2009 / 11:41 am

You are an AWESOME AUNT!
    Only thing that possibly could have topped it off would be if you fed him like you were his grandma (I remember ice cream for dinner – right?) šŸ™‚
    Go catch up on some sleep. Kids are an endurance event.

4. Sarah February 9, 2009 / 12:19 pm

@ Mom & Eileen – Yes, the reflection shot was intentional, or at least, semi-intentional. From where I was sitting, it looked like only D was reflected, which is what I was trying to capture. I didn’t realize I would be in it, too.

@ Eileen – It turned out that D was completely freaked out about the cats coming in the room while he was sleeping. When I was talking about them and told him they might come in, he literally shuddered and said, “I don’t think I like that. They could do anything.” He honestly looked as scared as I imagine he would if I owned lions, not regular cats.

@ CL – We didn’t have ice cream for dinner, but I did get him some during the first intermission at the hockey game. This was a HUGE tactical error. He was a squirmy mess for the entire second period. On the upside, he crashed completely, and was a cute, lap-sitting, cuddly sweetheart for the third period.

5. sionna February 9, 2009 / 3:06 pm

I made the same mistake once…I bought my daughter some flavored ice in a Nemo cup for Nemo on Ice at the intermission. She wore most of it home in technicolor because it was red, white and blue. $10 worth of flavored ice! šŸ˜” Obviously I was paying more for the big plastic Nemo cup.

Luckily it was all over a $5 Target sweatshirt. Whew!

6. Eileen February 9, 2009 / 3:19 pm

So what happened with the cats…how did he survive their onslaught? And does he feel differently about them now?

7. Joanne February 9, 2009 / 9:47 pm

CLEARLY, your nephew and I would get along–we have the same opinion of cats.