38/365: Sleepy Houseguest

February 7: The Saturday half (train ride, McDonald's, hockey game) of my nephew's first sleepover at my place has gone well. Fingers crossed for tomorrow (pancakes, more trains, the Building Zone).

This is today’s picture for my photo-a-day project.

10 thoughts on “38/365: Sleepy Houseguest

1. Susan February 8, 2009 / 8:18 am

Congrats…do you take nieces??? 🙂

2. Mom February 8, 2009 / 9:06 am

He looks so comfy in his bed of roses! You should be having breakfast about now! Enjoy your day and give him a BIG HUG from Grandma. XX & OOs

3. common loon February 8, 2009 / 3:44 pm

How cute!

Hey, I possibly need more of a break than Susan…so would you consider other little boys?????

Do I need to make you some “boy” pillowcases (to offset the pink & flowers) or sleeping bags for when you have company like this?

I so remember a DIRECT quote from my sister: “They’re so cute when they sleep. I sometimes watch them sleep to forget some moments from earlier in the day.” For the record, she was likely talking about our kids and not hers…

4. Susan February 8, 2009 / 5:31 pm

So talking about my littlest 🙂 !!!!

5. Joanne February 8, 2009 / 6:39 pm

Putz-oh, we coulda done a playdate!

6. common loon February 8, 2009 / 6:47 pm

@ Joanne: You gotta’ cut Sarah a little slack on this one. She has NO IDEA the value of a playdate!!! Playdates (OK, and 50% reduction in housework) are a serious argument for polygamy.

7. Joanne February 8, 2009 / 9:49 pm

CL, you have a point. Playdates rise in value the longer you have the kid…

8. Sarah February 9, 2009 / 12:12 pm

@ Susan & CL – Yes, both nieces and other nephews are welcome, though I think I will need to rest up a bit first. I am exhausted. And, I might need to stick to one at a time, since my fold-out bed is a single, unless the kids in question are ok with sleeping on the couch.

@ Joanne – Since this was his birthday present and first-ever sleepover, I wanted it to be a fun weekend just for us. Next time, the play date option might work, though.

9. common loon February 9, 2009 / 12:15 pm

Mine sleep 2 to a single bed on many occasions. The last one would insist on cuddling with you – and he’s be so stinkin’ cute about it you would likely succomb and let him.

10. sionna February 9, 2009 / 1:56 pm

They are most adorable when they are asleep. And he STILL looks like Brian, even with his face covered. How funny is that.

Glad you had a great weekend…auntie weekends are the best (just ask my daughter!).