12/365: Zzzzzz…

I’ve been sick for the better part of three days now and, as a result, have barely left my apartment. This is making it hard to find things to photograph — it’s not very exciting here. So, apologies for falling back on the cuteness of my cat, but what can I do?

I’ll try to do my three beautiful things post tomorrow. When you’re having a day where you’re producing snot like it’s your job, it’s hard to remember beauty.

Everybody's favorite mean cat in a quiet moment.
January 12: Everybody's favorite mean cat in a quiet moment.

Today’s entry in my 2009 photo-a-day project.

9 thoughts on “12/365: Zzzzzz…

1. sionna January 12, 2009 / 7:44 pm

How bizarre to see Devil Kitty in such a vulnerable state. 😉 Can I fill in with a Dingle anecdote whilst you are ailing?

I do admit that we had some nice times when he used to curl up on my tummy while I watched tv (despite my wheezing and sneezing). For all his evilness, he could be quite the lovey dovey when he wanted to be.

However!

There was the Couch Incident back at our Colleen Road residence. If you recall the furniture configuration, the back of the couch was to your right as you walked in the door of our apartment.

That being said, I remember coming through our door after work one day when I heard a sudden violent hissing and then all I saw was a ball of orange. Devil Kitty had launched himself at me from the back of said couch, completely unprovoked I might add, and landed on my shoulder. Luckily I had a thick winter coat on so he didn’t do any damage, especially since he had no front claws. I peeled him off of me and it took every ounce of willpower to not throw that evil feline right out the door and down three flights of stairs! I didn’t. I swear.

I may have firmly put him in your bedroom…and slammed the door. And laughed maniacally as he yowled to get out. Yeah, I’m sticking to that story.

He did come over much later that night to curl up on my lap…a cat apology I suppose. Hrumph. Give him a scratch on the head for me.

2. wendalicious January 12, 2009 / 9:39 pm

Oh, he may look cute, but remember that time that Dingle launched himself at my face, in a serious attempt to “paw” my eyes out? That was fun.

3. Chris January 13, 2009 / 1:29 am

Like Isildur in the caverns of Mount Doom, you missed an opportunity to rid the world of a great darkness.

4. susan January 13, 2009 / 7:31 am

Complaint alert…I think I caught your cold 😦
    It was either you or the 26 germ factories I’m locked in a room with all day.

Cats…we have two. And when I’m not asking J. why we ever got them anyway…I’m pointing out how adorable they look doing something.

Freakish animals 🙂

5. Mom January 13, 2009 / 1:00 pm

Most of our four-legged friends give unconditional love — except for Dingle that is 🙂

6. Eileen January 13, 2009 / 5:00 pm

He is E V I L except that he loves Sarah – and ONLY Sarah unconditionally. And for that, we are happy.

Hope you are feeling better sis!

7. common loon January 13, 2009 / 5:13 pm

Hope you are feeling better soon!!!

Just think how strong your immune system will be after fighting this off – you’ll be the only healthy person come Wednesday of next week!

8. Marlene January 14, 2009 / 12:58 pm

Poor Dingle has a bad reputation, but he can be very sweet. He seemed to love me very much during the short time that he lived with me while Sarah was transitioning between Albany and D.C. Of course, he hated Chris, who insisted on “shaking his face” at least 10 times a day. Maybe he’s bi-polar. That would explain much about him!