11/365: Help is on the Way

Chicken soup, cooking away in my beautiful new Le Creuset pot.
January 11: Homemade chicken soup, cooking in my beautiful new Le Creuset pot.

This is today’s entry in my 2009 photo-a-day project.

7 thoughts on “11/365: Help is on the Way

1. Mom January 11, 2009 / 6:03 pm

Ummmmmm — that looks yummy 🙂 And, I like your spoon-rest “thingy” too!

2. Sarah January 11, 2009 / 6:21 pm

@ Mom – I hope it will be. I need it! The spoon rest is from Pampered Chef. I can’t remember if it had any sort of special name that might help you find it next time someone has a PC party, but perhaps Wendy knows. (She was a PC consultant for a while.)

3. sionna January 11, 2009 / 6:48 pm

Soup looks good but I am having some serious cookware envy going on right now.

4. Joanne January 11, 2009 / 6:51 pm

thread hijack–NBC Nightly News just called Ben’s Chili Bowl “A city institution in an inner city neighborhood.” Uh, get out much, NBC?

And the pot is beautiful. I’m jealous.

5. susan January 11, 2009 / 7:33 pm

Looks yummy for a cold remedy 🙂
    I use those Emergen-C packets that you add to water to. I like tropical, raspberry, and lime. You can get it at any drugstore and it really helps me…all those germy kids 🙂
    Feel better!

6. wendalicious January 11, 2009 / 9:18 pm

That pot is gorgeous! You will find EXCUSES to use that thing! I got a 6.5qt Le Creuset Dutch oven for Christmas many years ago, and it is my absolute favorite kitchen implement. The green is lovely. The best part is how easy it is to clean.

And the spoon rest thingy from Pampered Chef is called “Spoon Rest”. They make it a little better now – they added a piece of metal across the back, so smaller spoons don’t fall through. You can buy their stuff online now if you don’t know anyone having a party.

Pampered Chef Website

7. Mom January 12, 2009 / 5:56 pm

@ Sarah — What’s the verdict on your soup & your pot? Do hope you are doing better today. Did you get to work?

@ Wendalicious — I’ll look for the “spoon rest” (gee,thought it would have a more exotic name than that 🙂 next time somebody at the office has a party, which will probably be any day now. I’ve never outgrown my yen for gadgets!!

As for the LaCruset — I have the 2 1/2 quart dutch oven and a small two-handled stock pot and I use them both ALL the time and have for a while. They are fabulous and while probably too pricey, every good cook deserves one or two — and even if one is a not-so-good cook, they might make for improvement and certainly motivation. I like to “slow cook” in them when I’m around on the weekend to stir — and taste! — it is so much better than using a crock pot; the textures are just better. Bon Appetite!