Breezy at 7pm

So Sarah just emailed to chastise me for not blogging… apparently my hubby has been blogging up a storm (no pun intended) but he is just parroting what is being said on the local news.  As for me, I did not get the 24/7 weather channel gene so I have been watching what’s happening out my window and Law and Order 🙂

Clearly we still have power, water, and all the good things of life.  We had a big bacon and egg breakfast (might as well use ’em up) and had to defrost dinner (got a little over zealous there).  Put the fridge on max cold last night too to increase the longevity of its contents.  Dropped the AC to 68 too and am freezing my butt off (as in wearing jeans and a sweatshirt) but if (optimistic) / when the power goes out, we’ll be glad we did (at least for one extra hour).

So here we are waiting… oh, did I mention our hurricane brownies?

Seriously, we are hearing and seeing bad reports from Galveston (60 miles away) and I am glad that all the family have visited and we have enjoyed the beach in 2007 and 2008 cause I think the 2008/2009 season is going to be *much* more challenging.  Chris’s blog, I’m guessing, is a blow by blow of what’s happening there.

Now, I better go stir dinner or it’s gonna burn.

Reporting safe and sound and all is well in Houston Friday, September 12, 7pm.

(Updated by Sarah to add the requested links to Chris’s blog.)

7 thoughts on “Breezy at 7pm

1. Eileen September 12, 2008 / 8:46 pm

thanks for editing me 🙂

2. Sarah September 12, 2008 / 9:21 pm

You could tell? I just went in to add the tags and fixed maybe one typo and switched one it’s to an its (or maybe vice-versa). I did nothing substantial!

3. Eileen September 12, 2008 / 9:29 pm

You italicized L&O…that was the telltale sign…but I do appreciate!

4. susan September 12, 2008 / 9:32 pm

Sarah…go back in and make one of those nifty little things that I can click on that will send me to Chris’ blog. I like getting the weather junky report along with the casual report 🙂

5. Mom September 12, 2008 / 9:49 pm

Hey, I agree w/ Susan! Send link. I had an unexpected visit tonight from Sherry S. next door; they did not want me over here by myself worrying. How totally nice and she came bearing a piece of homemade lemon meringue pie! YUM!! We gabbed for a couple of hours w/ the help from a couple glasses of wine. She needs that too, as her life is a tad lonely as well. Anyway, they are on the “thinking of E&C list” and we’ll just keep each other posted and wait — the weather channel is beyond scary. Love you all, Mom

6. wendalicious September 12, 2008 / 9:57 pm

Eileen:
    Ditto on the link – did not know that Hubby was a blogger! Unless I missed a previous reference.

I have been thinking of you two…hope you are safe & sound, and that you will continue to keep us updated. Many hugs and good wishes…

-Wendy

7. Sarah September 13, 2008 / 12:05 am

As requested, I’ve added a couple of links to Chris’s blog. Their power went out about a half-hour ago, though, so there might not be much new there for a while.