My DC: Old, New, Blue

I snapped this on my way down to Farragut West on Wednesday night. The contrast between the old and new buildings and the bright blue sky just looked so pretty to me. I don’t think this picture does it justice — I need to start carrying my real camera and not relying on my iPhone for these features, I think.

18th & M, NW; August 20, 2008
The corner of 18th & M, NW.

6 thoughts on “My DC: Old, New, Blue

1. Mom August 22, 2008 / 10:49 am

Beautiful photo! I think the I-Phone & small digital camera quality is really quite good. Dave took some phenominal pictures with a lens about a foot long (looked somewhat like a papparazzi) BUT that might get a little heavy in your tote — a purse would not be big enough. I told him he looked like he’d been hired by National Geo 🙂

2. sionna August 22, 2008 / 12:10 pm

I love it when the sky is THAT blue. We had one of those days yesterday.

Great perspective. You always did have a good eye for this stuff.

3. Joanne August 22, 2008 / 2:41 pm

Oh, to be outside and enjoying a blue sky. I miss blue skies.

Bedrest is getting to me.

4. common loon August 22, 2008 / 3:58 pm

@ Joanne: You’re still on bedrest????? I’m so sorry!!! On the “bright” side, when I was released from bedrest at 36 weeks, naturally EVERYONE was convinced that I would have a baby immediately. Upon regaining my mobility, I did absolutely everything that I was and was not supposed to do…I was induced the day after my due date, one push, one healthy baby. My oldest child doesn’t remember any of it / husband not so lucky. I hope that your release date is very close, indeed. And I hope that your energy returns quickly (I broke a sweat the first time I vacuumed). Plan your release date and have ONE HUGE FREEDOM PARTY 🙂

5. Joanne August 22, 2008 / 8:55 pm

CL– Yeah. The sonograms keep going back and forth on the answer–one looks really good, one looks bad, and to paraphrase my doctor, its freaking her out. So, we’re erring on the side of caution. She wasn’t even that enthusiastic about going back to work part time. So, I’m on bedrest. Highly modified. I have a strict time window to lie on my left side: 12pm to 3pm. Light activity the rest of the time. So, at least I can sit up. If my brain worked, I would remember to fold laundry. But this enforced idleness is seriously damaging my grey matter. Its kinda scary.

I’m glad you told me about the vacuuming, because I cleaned my kitchen today and nearly died. Which made me feel like a real slug, let me tell you.

6. Susan August 23, 2008 / 12:31 pm

I did the bedrest thing for 6 weeks, too, so I’m sympathetic!!!! I couldnt get up except for the bathroom…so I copied all the recipes I ever wanted to try out of Taste of Home onto recipe cards. Of course, I hardly ever cook fancy stuff, so I’m not sure that was a productive choice 🙂 And I cross stitched…and ate. Maybe I’m not so helpful…none of those were good ideas. But…1 happy, healthy, almost full term baby, and 10 years, and I hardly even remember bedrest!!! This really will just be a blip on your life screen once it’s all done! Though that doesnt help now…hang in there!!!