OMG! Want!

I am not ordinarily a girl who goes crazy for shoes, but holy crap, these are fantastic. I think I’m in love!

Please, someone find me a way to rationalize spending $285 on one pair of shoes.

Better than Dorothy's ruby slippers...
Better than Dorothy's ruby slippers...

18 thoughts on “OMG! Want!

1. Mom August 2, 2008 / 10:08 am

Sorry, Babe, you are TOO YOUNG for such a “clunky” look. My opinion, I think you asked??? Love ya, Ma

2. Sarah August 2, 2008 / 10:17 am

They’re not clunky, they’re fab.u.lous.

(And I am way too hard on shoes to wear delicate ones — always have been.)

Oh, and no, I wasn’t looking for opinions, just help in justifying such an insanely expensive purchase. 😉

3. Eileen August 2, 2008 / 11:27 am

You only live once

You work hard for your $$ why not treat yourself once and a while

Oh, and that’s like 5 tanks of gas — which for most folks is a months supply, and since you don’t have a car sounds like a deal to me 🙂

4. Sarah August 2, 2008 / 11:52 am

“Oh, and that’s like 5 tanks of gas — which for most folks is a months supply, and since you don’t have a car sounds like a deal to me.”

Now that’s what I call a rationalization.

Really, since I walk so much, good shoes could actually be considered a necessity. I hadn’t considered that.

5. Marlene August 2, 2008 / 12:00 pm

Those are awesome shoes!!! Not clunky, funky (hee, hee)! I could never justify spend that much on one pair of shoes for myself, but if you have the money you should go for it so I can live this one vicarously through you. Please buy the most awesome shoes I’ve ever seen, sarah, please!

6. Susan August 2, 2008 / 12:49 pm

Aunt Mary…if you think those are clunky, you should check out MY feet 🙂

Sarah…the economy NEEDS you to help bolster it! Spend! Spend! Spend!

Eileen…I’m calling you the next time I want to justify a purchase. That was BRILLIANT!

7. Joanne August 2, 2008 / 2:13 pm

Alright, who ARE you posting under Sarah’s name??

I’m with your mom, they are ugly shoes. Although Eileen’s gas tank rationalization is inspired.

Last weekend, I spent $300 on a kate spade purse and a kate spade diaper bag. We all get to go crazy every now and again.

8. Mom August 2, 2008 / 3:11 pm

WOW! Do I feel slapped or what?? OK, as long as you don’t charge ’em to me!!! I guess you girls got your shopping & rationalization genes from me. I agree — “brilliant” Eileen. Every once in a while we all have to say “hey, I’m worth it” 🙂 —- BUT, I have NEVER spent that much money on a pair of shoes — to walk on — I’d probably have to put them on an end table for a while and admire them!

9. common loon August 2, 2008 / 4:54 pm

OK, get real: who has not spent $$$ on something they could / should have withheld on?????

No regrets Sarah, that’s what I say! You never know if an opportunity like this will come again, and you can pull it off now.

(fyi…diapers are approximately $25 / box – can blow through one of those in about a week, pullups and goodnights are just under $2 / “diaper”…3 kids, no one is dry through the night or naps, 1 not even thinking about toilet-training yet…I can’t bear to do the math, but you might feel your position is improved if you work the #s)

DH’s comment: why not? you have a brand-new iphone that you don’t even take along when you travel 🙂

10. wendalicious August 2, 2008 / 8:05 pm

Sarah,
    As much as I support you in everything you do, I cannot offer any rationalization for spending that much money on a pair of shoes. I know I would never ever do it, so I can’t possibly think of a good reason for you to do so.

Unless of course you REALLY REALLY want them.

Which it sounds like you do.

So – go for it!

11. sionna August 3, 2008 / 12:56 pm

I want a Coach bag real bad too and I’m not usually a handbag person. So I can empathize.

They are adorable shoes. If you buy them, you HAVE to bring them up here in September so that we can adore them in person. 😉

12. Roon August 4, 2008 / 8:34 am

Click your heels three times. “There’s no place like home. There’s no place like home…”