I’ve Found It

The one thing that will ensure I never get lulled in to falling in love with Texas.  (But was there ever really danger?)

I went to take a shower last evening and opened the door to find not one but two cockroaches communing on the door.

Allow me to elaborate.  These are no garden variety bug — well maybe they are here. Anyway, the bodies on these bugs are the size of an adult thumb and their antennae are the length of your index finger.  They are d-i-s-g-u-s-t-i-n-g.

Now I can handle bug killing and all, but this is more like killing a mouse with your shoe or whatever – it takes some chutzpah. Did I mention they are fast?

So much for a relaxing bedtime shower.  Oh, and we only managed to catch one…so we know the other one is still somewhere in the house.  Ich!

7 thoughts on “I’ve Found It

1. Marlene June 28, 2008 / 12:02 pm

Yuck! It gives truth to the saying that everything is bigger in Texas.

2. Mom June 28, 2008 / 12:45 pm

ICH says it all! OMG — I recall Jim pointing out palmetto bugs to me in FL — “don’t worry about them”, said he. Yich! I put a pot over one and let him deal with it when he got home from work! Not my house, not my bug!!! As long as Chris is home, HIS problem!!

3. Fran June 28, 2008 / 10:03 pm

Eileen, how dare you eliminate the ‘state bird’ 🙂 Whatever you do, DO NOT stomp them!! TRIPLE YICK !! In St. Louis and Florida, I used to keep a squirt bottle with peroxide, bleach, ammonia … or whatever safe chemical you prefer … and teach the succers to swim (: Of course, it depends on where you spot them. Sorry, honey, its the best reason I know to move to the desert or the NW. Hugs, Fran

4. Sarah June 29, 2008 / 9:46 am

Ugh. Gross. I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to visit again…

5. wendalicious June 29, 2008 / 10:21 pm

What? No pictures?

6. Common Loon June 30, 2008 / 8:26 am

Aren’t you glad that they aren’t asexual? Aren’t you glad that they take a couple of weeks to fully mature? And…did you know that there are fossils of cockroaches??? Oh, and only about 60 different species in North America. Yes, I live w/ boys.

7. Mom July 1, 2008 / 2:03 pm