Joining In, Hockey Town, and Timing

We seem to be heavily in the April showers phase of the month, so on a gray, damp Monday morning, here are three beautiful things from the past week:

1. I went to my first-ever knitting group meeting, the Dupont Circle Stitch-n-Bitch. Ordinarily, I am not much of a joiner, but sprite was going, so I decided to join her. The other knitters there were very welcoming and were working on some lovely projects. I got to witness a three-needle-bind off and play with a newly-finished hand-knit toy. (Knitting toys had never even occurred to me!)

2. On Thursday, I went to the Caps penultimate regular-season game with my brother. For the first time in years, DC actually looked like a hockey town, with a red-clad, sold-out crowd cheering the team to victory as they looked to clinch a playoff spot. On Saturday, that wish came true, along with the almost-too-surprising-too-believe Southeast Division championship, which capped the NHL’s most amazing mid-season turnaround. Let’s Go Caps!

3. I got up and — believe it or not — out of the house at a reasonable hour on Saturday and as a result, was able to run my errands and wander around the neighborhood on a truly lovely spring day. This was made all the more beautiful by the fact that Sunday was dreary in the extreme, so I ended up doubly-grateful that I spent so much time outside the day before.

9 thoughts on “Joining In, Hockey Town, and Timing

1. sionna April 7, 2008 / 3:35 pm

(Might as well start posting under the guise of my new blog)

How can you NOT join a club called Stitch n Bitch. That right there is worth the price of admission!

We are getting that beautiful weather today and tomorrow. Truly heavenly.

-The Artist Formerly Known as Shannon

2. Sweetpea April 7, 2008 / 3:42 pm

Um, you forgot to include the URL for said blog, there, dearie. Do you want me to add it?

Oh, and Stitch -n- Bitch is actually a series of knitting books, so the group takes its name from those.

3. sionna April 7, 2008 / 3:46 pm

Funny. It didn’t give me an option.

What the heck am I doing wrong this time?

(Not bitching at you…I’m hitting a technological brick wall these days, very frustrating.)

4. sprite April 7, 2008 / 3:49 pm

Sionna, does it not offer you an option to fill in website beneath where you input your email address?

5. Sweetpea April 7, 2008 / 3:50 pm

There should be fields for name, email, and website when you post your comment… Or are they not there now that you’re using WP yourself? If so, there is probably something you need to check off in your settings.

6. sionna April 7, 2008 / 3:56 pm

Guess what. You have to be logged out of your WordPress account to get the Mail and Website fields. That’s just whacky.

I’ll check my WP settings too and see what comes up.

Sorry for the post hijack – carry on.

7. Hillary April 8, 2008 / 11:30 am

Go Caps! My husband has been banned from Caps games by friends of ours because they lose any game he attends. Now he’s watching (and going nuts) in our downstairs rec room.

8. MsP April 11, 2008 / 12:24 pm

Hold up now, back up… did someone say toys? You know I spend a lot of time thinking about toys these days.