The Random Ten, from the New iPhone

So, there’s a bit of a change in this week’s random ten — I can’t resist using my iPhone rather than my iPod, ’cause it’s new and I love it. This makes for a smaller set of music, however, as my iPod has 5,749 songs on it, whereas the iPhone has only 1,144. As a result, this week’s selections will reflect more of what I actually listen to most, since that’s what I moved onto the iPhone.

Here’s my iPhone-o-riffic list. Post yours in the comments, as usual!

1. 1999, Prince
  2. Ice Cream, Sarah McLachlan
  3. Wear Your Love Like Heaven, Sarah McLachlan
  4. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A., John Mellencamp
  5. Point Hope, Indigo Girls
  6. Whiskey Tango, Tanya Donnelly
  7. Orange Crush, R.E.M.
  8. Lovefool, The Cardigans
  9. Josephine, Brandi Carlile
  10. Cry, Cry, Cry, Johnny Cash

(Though I moved only one playlist of showtunes onto the iPhone, I was sure I’d get one on the list anyway, but it turns out it waited until #11. Hee.)

10 thoughts on “The Random Ten, from the New iPhone

1. randomduck October 17, 2007 / 9:52 am

Since you’ve decided to pull from your iPhone, so will I. And it’s only 420 songs deep, so this is a really…. select group:

1. “Big Shot” – Billy Joel
    2. “Gimme Shelter” – The Rolling Stones
    3. “De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da” – The Police (that was fun to type)
    4. “Get Back” – The Beatles
    5. “Me And Julio Down By The Schoolyard” – Paul Simon
    6. “Catch A Wave” – The Beach Boys
    7. “Badge” – Cream
    8. “Don’t Let Me Down” – The Beatles
    9. “Back in the U.S.S.R.” – The Beatles
    10. “American Tune” – Paul Simon

As you can see, it’s not a very diverse selection on the iPhone right now. That’s certain to change, though I’m reserving space for video content for my upcoming trip to Florida.

2. Shannon October 17, 2007 / 10:29 am

With the exception of maybe one or two songs, this week’s shuffle is oddly enough almost a soundtrack of my life. Funny.

1. Hope Alone – Indigo Girls
    2. You Must Love Me – Evita Motion Picture Soundtrack (my apologies to Evita purists)
    3. Fields of Athenry – Jungle Gs (aka The Dazes, aka Those Cute Scottish Boys from the Night That Must Not Be Named)
    4. Dirty Water – Dropkick Murphys (effin Red Sox can eat my shorts!!)
    5. Grace – Kate Havnevik
    6. Another National Anthem – Assassins
    7. Superman – Sandi Thom
    8. Closer to Fine – Indigo Girls
    9. Until I Die – Brandi Carlile
    10. Tear In Your Hand – Tori Amos

There’s a good question for another day perhaps…if you were to create a soundtrack for your life, what would it contain?

3. randomduck October 17, 2007 / 2:02 pm

A second ten from the iPhone (note that these played hours ago, in their entirety – I’m just catching up):

1. “Fixing A Hole” – The Beatles
    2. “Orange Crush” – R.E.M.
    3. “Little Deuce Coupe” – The Beach Boys
    4. “Movin’ Out (Anthony’s Song)” – Billy Joel
    5. “Down By The River” – Neil Young
    6. “Another Day” – Paul & Linda McCartney
    7. “Band On The Run” – Paul McCartney & Wings
    8. “We Got Married” – Paul McCartney
    9. “The Needle & The Damage Done” – Neil Young
    10. “Time” – Pink Floyd

As you can see, there’s a lot of McCartney on the iPhone – though I like how it selected the tracks in chronological order (1971, 1973, 1988).

4. Joanne October 17, 2007 / 3:15 pm

SHANNON! How COULD you–the movie version??? Its horrid!!!

5. Shannon October 17, 2007 / 3:51 pm

Somehow I knew Joanne would yell at me. Sigh.

6. Wendy October 18, 2007 / 9:37 pm

Jungle Gs? What kind of name is that?

I actually frequently refer to the Night That Must Not Be Named as the 2nd drunkest I’ve ever been in my whole life.

“You have to come get me.”
    “Where are you?”
    whispers“I don’t know.”

What was the drunkest? Ask my sister – it was at her wedding. My family STILL makes fun of me and the dumb-ass things I did that night. Apparently I embarrassed my dad by crying on his arm for an hour and calling him “Daddy”. Yikes.

7. Wendy October 18, 2007 / 9:38 pm

Jungle Gs? What kind of name is that?

“You have to come get me.”
    “Where are you?”
    whispers “I don’t know.”

8. Wendy October 18, 2007 / 9:38 pm

sorry…I hit submit twice.

9. Shannon October 19, 2007 / 1:45 pm

That had to be one of the funniest drunken moments ever that I did not have the pleasure of witnessing.

I only refer to that night that way because a certain someone’s husband-to-be was not amused by it. In fact, I believe that he still blames you, Wendy.

I thought the Jungle Gs came from a line in the Celtic Symphony…but not quite.

10. sprite October 20, 2007 / 7:03 pm