I initially started today’s shuffle list while on the first leg of my trip home from Binghamton, but I wasn’t able to get through ten tracks before I had to turn the iPod off to land in Philly. A flight cancellation has left me with a seemingly-endless layover (my US Airways rant is scheduled for tomorrow) so I decided to start over to keep myself amused.
Anyway, better late than never, here’s today’s random 10:
1. Dance, Motherfucker, Dance!, Violent Femmes
2. Out of Control, U2
3. Electric Blues, Original Broadway Cast, Hair
4. Pills and Soap, Elvis Costello
5. Glad to Have a Friend Like You, Marlo Thomas & Friends (This is from my favorite childhood record, ‘Free to be You and Me,’ a wicked-ass feminist kids’ record from the early 70s. Because back then, making feminist music for children seemed like the right thing to do.)
6. Trash, Trampoline, and the Party Girl, U2
7. I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight, Bob Dylan
8. Long Way Down, Guster
9. Exit Management Solution, Trans Am
10. C’mon C’mon, Sheryl Crow
What’s on your ‘pod this evening?