In order to get a post up this morning before leaving for work, I’ve descided to grab a meme from sprite. It seems a lot faster than trying to beat one of my drafts into submission. (They’re all a bit of a mess right now.)
The rules: You go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday (only month & day). Then you write down 3 events, 2 births, 1 holiday, and then you tag 5 friends.
(I’m also going to skip over anything on April 9th that I already know about, like the surrender at Appomattox and the fact that I share my birthday with Hugh Hefner.)
- 193 – Septimius Severus is proclaimed Roman Emperor by the army in Illyricum (in the Balkans).
- 1413 – Henry V is crowned King of England.
- 1991 – Georgia declares its independence from the Soviet Union.
- 1898 – Paul Robeson, American singer and activist (d. 1976)
- 1989 – Adam Hunter, Northern Irish presenter [I don’t know who this is, but the fact that he was born the year I graduated from high school amuses me for some reason. Maybe ’cause he’s already famous enough to be in Wikipedia?]
- Feast for Three Days – Second Day (Thelema)
I’m going to follow sprite’s lead and not tag anyone, but have at it in the comments or on your blog if you wish.