I’m stealing this post idea from MsP, partially because I am curious to see what the iPod will grab, but mostly because I am doing very boring work today and this will allow me to think about something else every few minutes as I type another song name.
So here’s the deal:
Just start your iPod, iTunes, whatever music player you use, and write down the first ten tracks that come up. No cheating and skipping around until you get the cool songs.
Easy enough, I think. Here goes…
1. “The Letter,” Kristin Hersh
2. “Beestung,” Kristin Hersh
3. “I’ll be that Girl,” Barenaked Ladies
4. “Florida,” Patty Griffin
5. “Heat of the Moment,” Asia
6. “Girl in the War,” Josh Ritter
7. “Mystery Man,” Brisa Roché
8. “At My Most Beautiful,” R.E.M.
9. “Excitable Boy,” Warren Zevon
10. “Headache,” Liz Phair
Well, that’s good, nothing too embarrassing came up, because I know I would have been tempted to violate the rules and skip. But what’s weird is that I have five or six thousand songs on my iPod, only about ten of which are by Kristin Hersh, since I only have one album by her. And yet I get two tracks in a row? Weird.