You know what I haven’t done in a really long time? A 10 on Tuesday post! And what better way to get things rolling again than by letting someone else – Carole, as per usual – think of a topic for me, in this case, the randomness currently inside my head.
So, here are 10 things that are on my mind right now…
1. My dad. Today marks six years since he died.
3. Steubenville. In a story so full of so many things that make me sad for humanity, a tiny glimmer of hope today, in the form of Jane Doe asking that offers of donations to cover legal fees instead be given to a local women’s shelter.
4. The demise of Google Reader. (Sorry – not all my random thoughts are deep.) I use Google Reader daily for keeping up with both work and personal reading, so I was not at all happy to hear that it’s going away as of July 1. I’m test-driving Feedly to replace it, but it’s a little… prettier than I need in a reader.
5. Bookcases. I have a staycation planned for next week and as of right now, my main goal for it is getting to Ikea and buying/assembling some sort of ginormous shelving for my living room, in the hopes of better using my limited amount of space.
6. The Caps. Specifically, why does the power play look so bad right this exact second? (Yes, watching hockey and writing at the same time.)
And ohmygod, I cannot even discuss what just happened after the PP ended. Oof.
7. Spring. I know it’s still snowing in my old northeastern homeland, but – yesterday’s random flurries aside – it seems to be moving towards spring here in DC. Or at least that’s what the daffodils blooming has me hoping!
8. Laundry. Specifically, the laundry in the dryer that I ought to be folding.
9. The “service battery” alert on my laptop. I don’t really know what it means, but I suspect it’s nothing good – even though my battery life hasn’t been terrible. (I’m sure it actually is, by Mac standards, but as I’m much more used to PC laptops, it seems OK to me.)
10. Taxes. Mine are easy, never take more than an hour, always result in a refund, and yet… I procrastinate my ass off about doing them. Why is that?
What’s on your mind tonight?