Cookies, Sunshine, and Haircut

It’s Saturday, and therefore time to look back at three beautiful things from the past week.

1. I took homemade cookies to my friend Jenna for her birthday last Sunday. En route to her dinner, a little boy on the Metro escalator asked me what I had in the box I was carrying. I told him it was cookies. He pointed at the bow on it and said, “No, it’s a present.” I told him that was true — it was a present of cookies, which blew his mind. He was visibly (and adorably) boggled that is was possible to get cookies for a present.

2. The weather on Monday, which I had off from work, was perfect, and I had a chance to read out on the porch in the sunshine — probably for the last time for several months.

3. I finally got my hair cut, which I’ve needed to have done for weeks. I feel like l lost 10 pounds of hair!

20121117-235021.jpg
What’s been beautiful in your life this week?

9 thoughts on “Cookies, Sunshine, and Haircut

1. Eileen November 18, 2012 / 2:10 am

1. Keys to the new house.
    2. Reaching my pre-James weight (which is also my wedding weight) for the first time in two years.
    3. Having a really fun week with James who is adding 2 or 3 new words a day – its so much fun to try to interpret what he is saying, and to hear him trying to sing “twinkle, twinkle little star” :)

• JoAnn November 20, 2012 / 7:25 pm

Eileen, Great to hear that you WILL make it for Christmas in your new home. Good luck and have a BLAST> Can’t wait to see more pictures! JoAnn

2. Mom November 18, 2012 / 10:26 am

WOW!! You look like two different people, Sarah. I really LIKE your cut!

And, HORRAY for E&C too!!!! Ohhh so happy for you. (And, “doing” at 2:10 a.m. will burn off pounds anyday!!). Work on James singing “Jingle Bells” — not that far off!! No pressure — but I’ll see you all a month from today ;)

3. Wendy Voelker November 18, 2012 / 1:06 pm

Just wanted you to know: when this post popped up in my Google reader, the photo looked like a mug shot and I was worried about you for a minute.

• Eileen November 19, 2012 / 10:49 am

Ha ha ha. So true!

• Shannon November 19, 2012 / 12:53 pm

I totally thought that too! Ha.

4. Common Loon November 18, 2012 / 1:55 pm

Wendy, you are so right! Love the new ‘do, Sarah!

5. Sarah November 19, 2012 / 10:54 am

Yeah – general consensus from here, Facebook, and text messages is that these are possibly the most unflattering photos I’ve ever posted of myself.

Anyone who has tips on taking a decent selfie without resorting to duckface, let me know!

• Eileen November 19, 2012 / 9:19 pm

Jailhouse butch to Twilight wannabe…