Today’s 10 on Tuesday topic wants to know what’s on my mind right now – as Carole’s email said, “Good or bad, funny or serious – spill it!” And so I did, though it’s not all “right now,” as I wrote this in dribs and drabs over the last couple of days. So, it’s really what was on my mind at the moment I had the WordPress app open.
1. The election. Who in the US isn’t thinking about this today?
2. The fact that I need a haircut desperately. I need to find a new stylist, though (mine is kind of in a rut) so I’ve been stalling.
3. Why my right sock is falling down but my left one isn’t. This happens all the time, actually, when I wear trouser socks. It’s pretty damn weird.
4. Food. I skipped breakfast today so I could do my fasting bloodwork at the doctor’s office and seriously, can hardly think of anything other than getting lunch.
5. Jetlag. Though I thought I was not out west long enough to get jetlagged, between the three-hour time difference and the seasonal “fall back,” I have no idea what time it is. All I know is that I want to eat and sleep at odd hours that bear no relationship to either Pacific or Eastern time.
6. The weather. There’s a new storm brewing on the East Coast, and with so many people still reeling from Sandy – and still without power, water, shelter, etc. – another hit could be devastating. So I’m worrying.
7. My computer. I just got a new laptop at the office a week ago Friday, and it inexplicably had a major freak-out today. (As in: multi-colored strobe light on one monitor, and similarly colorful static on the other.) Seems totally weird to have something like that happen to a new machine.
8. Sleeping. I mentioned the jetlag, right?
9. My bloodwork. Kinda hoping that everything comes in a little high (well, except my cholesterol) since the doctor seems agreeable to boosting my thyroid meds if that’s the case. I’m not feeling awful right now, but do suspect I could be feeling better.
10. Heat. I discovered upon getting home from Spokane that my furnace – which broke four times last winter – is broken again. Really not looking forward to another winter of this!
What are you thinking about right now?