Yesterday my weekly 10 on Tuesday email arrived with a surprise – for the first time since I subscribed, it said Carole, list prompt creator extraordinaire, was under the weather and taking today off. This left me with two thoughts: first, that I hope she’s feeling better soon, and second, what am I going to write about tomorrow?
Like any blogger in search of a topic, I hit Google with “10 on Tuesday” to see who else might be generating weekly lists. I ended up at Roots and Rings, where there’s a different spin on the meme – a 10-item questionnaire. I like answering questions almost as much as making lists, so I thought I’d give it a try this week. And who knows… Maybe I’ll alternate between the two in the future.
1. Should we keep doing Ten on Tuesday?
I’m new to this particular 10 on Tuesday, but would like to give it a try a few times, so I’m gonna go with yes.
2. How do you pick out your sunglasses?
I try on about 50 gazillion pairs, trying to determine if they look good using the little three-inch high mirror on the display. I’m usually wrong.
3. Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?
Not anymore. A couple of years of working in a hugely popular Irish bar will cure a girl of St. Patrick’s Day enthusiasm for life.
4. Name five movies that you will never get sick of.
“Before Sunrise,” “West Side Story,” “The Breakfast Club,” “Star Wars,” and “Dirty Dancing.”
5. Name one book that you will never get sick of.
“Anne of Green Gables;” I’ve loved it since I was about eight – no sense changing now.
(I feel like it would have been easier for me to do one movie and five books.)
6. Do you know any sign language?
I can say thank you. And clap. But that’s about it. (Not counting vulgar gestures, which I assume are probably not legit ASL.)
7. What is your favorite kind of Girl Scout cookie?
Samoas, no contest.
8. Are you handy? (Can you fix or build anything?)
Yeah, I’m fairly handy. I was a theater technician in college, and learned my way around a toolbox then. And I inherited mad skillz with crazy glue from my grandfather.
9. In what form do you prefer your potatoes? (Baked, mashed, au gratin, hashbrowns, twice baked, etc.)
I love potatoes pretty much all ways, and can’t figure out how to choose one, though I do like baked potatoes the least.
10. Do you believe the saying “actions speak louder than words”?
Yes, I think so. If someone treats people unkindly or with disrespect, there’s pretty much no chance that anything they say will change my opinion of them.