My DC: Happy Halloween?

This is a house across the street from where I live. Clearly, these folks dig Halloween — this display has gotten bigger each of the three years I’ve lived in my current apartment. Now, I love a good holiday display, but spiders? Ugh. I seriously hate spiders, so I can’t help but wish I had neighbors who are deeply into pumpkins, instead.

(I hope the photos look ok — I am loading this entire post, photos and all, from my phone, so they aren’t color-corrected or cropped.)

Updated to make the photos bigger. The full creepiness of the spiders was kinda lost in the miniaturized versions the iPhone application loaded.

9 thoughts on “My DC: Happy Halloween?

1. Mom October 31, 2008 / 9:22 am

That display should ensure that they get very few trick or treaters! EEEEKKK! (Photos came out great!)

2. Joanne October 31, 2008 / 10:52 am

THAT. IS. AWESOME.

I could never get Jesse to do something like this.

3. Hillary October 31, 2008 / 11:23 am

I actually kind of like that display. But OMG I can’t imagine the effort needed to put it together. At least it’s not corny like some displays in my neighborhood.

4. Sarah October 31, 2008 / 11:34 am

@ Hillary – Very true; it clearly takes a ton of effort because it is really well done. If it were anything other than spiders, I’d probably love it!

5. Mom October 31, 2008 / 12:33 pm

I just showed this to a friend at the office & she could not quit saying “OMG”, “OMG” — loves it :) Question from Annie: Do they light it up at night?

6. Sarah October 31, 2008 / 1:05 pm

@ Mom — Yep. They have a flickery, strobe-like light on it at night. It’s really well-done and high-quality; it’s just the theme I don’t like.

7. sionna October 31, 2008 / 4:13 pm

The first thing I thought was “Ew! Sarah must HATE HATE HATE this with the spiders and all”….as I was the roommate who had to come kill the spiders all the time. ;)

Even my daughter squeal “EWWWWWWWWWWW” when she saw it. But then said, “That’s cool. How did they do that?”

It is neat. How original? But I don’t think even I could live under that. Ick.

Can you take a night picture?

8. Susan October 31, 2008 / 4:13 pm

I’m with you Sarah…Hate those spiders! Meg kills all ours when J’s not home. Lauren and I go all girly and freaky when those things are crawling around.

Ummm…what’s your costume decision?????

9. common loon October 31, 2008 / 7:58 pm

LOVE IT…so do the kids! The light at night would be a little creepy for two of the kids, but the other would get excited.